At a time of almost unimaginable political divisiveness, it is more important than ever that diverse interests find ways to work with one another to solve critical Western water challenges. We hope you will join the Family Farm Alliance (virtually, that is) on February 18-19, 2021, to learn how Western agricultural water users seek “A Bridge Over Troubled Water” and are working with their communities, federal and state governments, investors and NGOs to shore up their water reliability.
The virtual conference will consist of two morning ZOOM sessions on Thursday, February 18 and Friday, February 19 (Pacific Time). Access the event flyer here.
• Keynote Speakers: U.S. Senators John Barrasso (R-WY) and Michael Bennet (D-CO) and past Bureau of Reclamation Commissioner Brenda Burman
• Featured Speakers: Rep. Jim Costa (D-CA) and Rep. Dan Newhouse (R-WA)
• Panel presentation by the Food and Agriculture Climate Alliance (FACA)
• Panel presentation of experts to provide updates on pressing Western wildlife and forest health issues
• Bureau of Reclamation Roundtable, featuring all 5 regional directors and representatives from the Commissioner’s office
• Capitol Hill Update, featuring majority and minority staffers from key Senate and House water committees
***We are also working with the Biden Administration to secure a high-ranking official from the Interior Department to discuss Western water policy priorities.***