President Trump Issues Executive Order on Agriculture
The U.S. Secretary of Agriculture on April 25 joined President Trump for a “Farmers Roundtable” at the White House to address issues facing the American agriculture community, as the president signed an Executive Order establishing an Interagency Task Force on Agriculture and Rural Prosperity.
The roundtable discussion allowed representatives from all corners of American agriculture to raise concerns and share ideas, just as the task force begins its mission “to promote economic development and revitalization, job growth, infrastructure, innovation, and quality of life issues for rural America,” according to the president’s order.
U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue joined President Trump for a Farmers Roundtable at the White House to discuss improving American agriculture. Photo Source: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Click here to read the April 2017 special conference edition of the “Monthly Briefing” and learn more about these and other issues of interest to Western farmers and ranchers who rely upon irrigation:
- Alan Mikkelsen Named Reclamation’s Deputy Commissioner
- EPA to Use Two Rulemakings to Repeal and Replace WOTUS Rule
- California Drought Declaration Lifted – First 100% CVP-wide Allocation Since 2006
- Hydropower Relicensing Reform Underway
- Paul Arrington Named New IWUA Executive Director
- Solving Water Challenges Through Public-Private Partnerships
- EPW Committee Passes Bipartisan Conservation Bill
- Judge Lifts Injunction on Lower Yellowstone
- Ryan Names Kiel Weaver New Energy and Environment Advisor
- Congress Turns to Tax Reform—Alliance, Coalition will Push to Fight Municipal Bond Restrictions
- A Big “Thank You!” to our New and Continuing Donors
Please do not hesitate to send an email at [email protected] if you have difficulties downloading the “Monthly Briefing”.