Winter Storms Provide Relief, Challenges for California Farmers
In the interior West, record snow impacts ranchers
In this 250th edition of the “Monthly Briefing”, read about how a relentless series of immense “atmospheric river” storm events has generated near-record snowpack in California’s Sierra Nevada Mountains and saturated millions of acres of lowland areas, which will equate to improved water supplies for millions of Californians.
It also spells disaster for many California communities hit with destructive flooding and damage to agricultural land that farmers say will be costly to address and could take months before they can farm again. And, further inland, severe winter storms have created “once in a lifetime” blizzard conditions that are wreaking havoc on ranching operations in the Rockies and Great Plains.
This Monthly Briefing is dedicated to coverage of these and other 2023 conference highlights.
CLICK HERE to download the PDF Version of the April 2023 edition of the “Monthly Briefing”, where you can read more about this and these other important issues to Western water users, from a perspective that you won’t find anywhere else:
- Alliance Advances 2023 Farm Bill Platform
- Alliance Supports Senator Bennet’s Protect the West Act….and other forest health action on the Hill
- House Republicans Pass Energy Bill with Permitting Reform
- BOR Awards $585M of IIJA Funds to Repair Aging Water Infrastructure
- Alliance Rep Testifies at House Subcommittee Hearing
- House Subcommittee Conducts Oversight Hearing on Storage
- OpenET Bill Would Create Federal Program to Track Water User in the West
- Congress and Courts Slap Down Biden WOTUS Rule….President vetoes Congressional action
- Colorado River Basin Congressional Coalitions Take Shape….and other Colorado River news
- White House Advances Plans to Address Climate Change
- Supreme Court Hears Oral Arguments on Navajo Nation’s Water Rights
- Lawsuit Filed to Withhold Water from Farms in the Klamath Basin
Please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any difficulties downloading the April 2023 “Monthly Briefing”.