President Signs Massive Water Bill into Law
After overwhelming House (360-61) and Senate (78-21) passage, President Barack Obama signed the Water Infrastructure Investments for the Nation (WIIN) Act into law on December 16, 2016.
Late in the night of December 9, the Senate passed (63-36) the FY 2017 appropriations ‘continuing resolution’ (CR), H.R. 2028, extending FY 2016 federal funding levels through April 28, 2017. The vote avoided a federal government shut-down. Then, the Senate easily passed the WIIN Act that included both the Water Resources Development Act (WRDA – S. 612) authorizing Corps of Engineers projects and policies and containing important California drought provisions and other West-wide natural resources items.
Click here to read the December 2016 edition of the “Monthly Briefing” and learn more about these and other issues of interest to Western farmers and ranchers who rely upon irrigation:
- Energy Bill—with Western Water Provisions—Collapses
- Family Farm Alliance Annual Conference
- Annual Conference General Session Highlights
- Annual Conference Keynote Speakers: Lester Snow and John Fleck
- Annual Conference Friday Matinee: “Thirsty Land”
- Colorado Ag Producers Water Future Workshops
- Job Announcements
- Alliance Donor Support Information
Please do not hesitate to send an email at [email protected] if you have difficulties downloading the “Monthly Briefing”.