Trump signs spending bill with Western water provisions
Days after suggesting he wouldn’t, President Trump on December 28 averted a government shutdown and signed a massive year-end spending and COVID-19 relief deal into law. The nearly 6,000 page bill included a $1.4 trillion Fiscal Year 2021 appropriations package, $900 billion for COVID relief, and the Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) of 2020. The President’s action puts into effect a wide range of energy and environmental provisions that Congress negotiated in the closing days of the lame duck session.
The massive package signed into law by President Trump includes the 2020 WRDA, a Reclamation title, and water related appropriation provisions that will benefit Western water users.
CLICK HERE to download the December 2020 “Monthly Briefing” and read more about these matters and other issues of importance to Western irrigated agriculture:
· Idaho Water Users “Virtual” Annual Meeting
· Biden Announces Environment Cabinet / Climate Advisory Choices
· Save the Date! Family Farm Alliance “Virtual” 2021 Annual Conference
· Reclamation Issues Truckee Carson Repair-Plan decision
· Alliance 2020 Annual Report—Sponsorship Opportunities
· Huge Coronavirus Relief Package Signed into Law
· USFWS and NOAA Fisheries Finalize Regulatory Definition of Habitat under ESA
· New Research on Stressors to Pacific Coast Salmon
· 70 Groups Sign Letter to President-elect Biden on Ocean Policy
· Trump Administration EPA to Clarify Supreme Court Maui Ruling
· A Big “Thank You” to our New and Supporting Members!
Please email email@example.com if you have problems downloading the “Monthly Briefing”.