Infrastructure Bill Delivers Major Victory for Western Water Users
With President Joe Biden’s signature on the bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act in November, a national coalition representing thousands of Western farmers, ranchers, businesses, and rural and urban water providers declared a victory for Western water users and called on the Administration to immediately clear the path for projects that will address critical Western water supply needs.
“This is a great victory for Western water users,” said Family Farm Alliance Executive Director Dan Keppen. “The Western water provisions included in this legislation represent a once-in-a-generation federal investment that will bolster our aging water infrastructure and keep water flowing to our nation’s farms and ranches. It will also improve our ability to provide water supply reliability for cities and the environment in future droughts.”
CLICK HERE to read about this important development and other issues of interest to Western water users in the December 2021 “Monthly Briefing” such as:
· Reclamation Decides Not to Flood Grand Canyon Due to Drought
· Save the Date! 2022 Family Farm Alliance Annual Conference
· House Passes Build Back Better Act
· EPA Proposes Interim WOTUS Rule
· Senate Confirms President Biden Nominees
· Alliance President Engages at COP26 in Scotland
· Senate Clears Stopgap Government Spending, Averting Shutdown
· A Big “Thank You” to our New and Supporting Members!
If you have any difficulties downloading the PDF version of the “Monthly Briefing,” please do not hesitate to contact Dan Keppen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy Holidays from the Family Farm Alliance!