Federal Agencies Mobilize to Overhaul Water Infrastructure
Federal agencies are moving fast to using newly enacted funding from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law to address aging water and power infrastructure challenges across the country, including the American West.
With President Joe Biden’s signature on the bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act on November 15, the Family Farm Alliance and others involved with the year-long effort to secure $8.3 billion in Western water infrastructure provisions are now working with the Biden Administration to immediately clear the path for projects that will address critical Western water supply needs.
CLICK HERE to read more about these developments, as well as these other issues important to Western water users:
· The Late Senator Harry Reid’s Connection to the Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill
· States / Feds Announce Colorado River Water Deal
· Reclamation Releases $200 million CR Drought Spending Plan
· Long-time Alliance Supporter Awarded for Career Achievement
· A Song of Ice and Fire —Western Storms Bring Drought Relief to Some Areas, and Fire to Others
· Camille Touton Sworn in as Reclamation Commissioner—Plus, other recent agency appointments
· Congress Leaves Washington with Uncertain Fate for “Build Back Better”
· FDA Proposes Produce Safety Regulations—Changes Will Address Agricultural Water Provisions
· Biden Administration Announces 30 x 30 Progress Report
· SAVE THE DATE! 2022 Family Farm Alliance Annual Conference—Feb.24-25, 2022
If you have any difficulties downloading the Monthly Briefing, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact [email protected].