The 2024 Family Farm Alliance annual meeting and conference will take place February 22-23, 2024, at the Silver Legacy Resort and Casino in Reno, Nevada. The 2024 annual conference theme is, “Resilience in Every Drop: Safeguarding America’s Food Security”.
Much of the Western U.S. is recovering from at least two to three consecutive years of crippling drought. The recent series of “atmospheric rivers” has dramatically changed the water supply situation in California, although pockets of drought stubbornly persist in other parts of the West.
The drought crisis that many Western farmers and ranchers have endured underscores some key concerns. Improved water infrastructure is needed to protect future water supply reliability. Water management in the West is becoming too inflexible. Fierce Western wildfire disasters are becoming an annual occurrence and present new challenges for water managers.
“Importantly, we’ve learned that those areas where collaborative, cooperative community efforts are underway are more likely to weather drought than areas defined by confrontation and litigation,” said Alliance Executive Director Dan Keppen.
CLICK HERE to download the PDF Version of the January 2024 edition of the “Monthly Briefing”, where you can read more about the upcoming annual conference, and these other important issues to Western water users, from a perspective that you won’t find anywhere else:
- ADVERTISE with us!
- Still No FY 2024 Spending Agreement as New Year Begins
- House Subcommittee Probes Legality of CEQ Agreement to Breach Snake River Dams
- Alliance Sends in Comments on Proposed Maui Guidance
….Plus, Important Post –Sackett Court Ruling
- Strong Turnout for 2023 CRWUA Annual Conference….and other Colorado River news
- Forest Health and Wildfires Remain Top Priorities in D.C.
- Biden Administration Pushes “Nature-Based Solutions”
- COP28: Farmers as “Front Line Actors”?
- Different Agendas: GOP, Democrat Leaders Note ESA 50th Anniversary
- California Moves Forward with Two Water Infrastructure Projects…One of Them Hit With Lawsuit
- A Big “Thank You” to our New and Supporting Members!
Please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any difficulties downloading the January 2024 “Monthly Briefing”.