Alliance engages in white house drought symposium
The Family Farm Alliance was one of nearly 40 diverse stakeholder groups invited to discuss the federal government’s role in building drought resilience into water management systems and the steps that federal agencies should take to forestall future drought crises. Alliance Executive Director Dan Keppen (OREGON) participated in the day-long White House Drought Symposium that was held at the U.S. Department of Interior in Washington, D.C. on July 15.
Click here to read the July 2015 “Monthly Briefing” and learn more about this issue and other recent developments in the Western water world:
- Colorado River Basin Water Policy Paper Released
- California Fish Predation Bill Clears Another Hurdle
- Outside Activists Sue Reclamation Over Oregon Frog
- Alliance Drought Article Published in Scientific Journal
- Alliance-Backed Watershed Bill Passes House
- Arizona Water Management Certificate Program
- Save the Date! February 2016 Family Farm Alliance Annual Conference
- House Passes Western U.S./ California Drought Bill – CA Senators Introduce Drought Bill
- Peltier to Succeed Nelson as Authority Executive Director
- A Big Thank You to Our New and Supporting Members!