The HEAT is On in the West
Unprecedented Drought it “Shocking”
Unprecedented drought conditions continue to spread across the Western U.S. Nearly 98% of land across 11 Western states is abnormally dry, and more than 90% is covered by some category of drought.
Western farmers and ranchers are beginning to feel the heat.
These are the worst levels in the U.S. Drought Monitor’s 21-year history. Wildfires and increasing wildfire danger, water restrictions, and damage to agriculture are becoming common across the West. Record drought levels are hurting farmers, ranchers and fish species.
CLICK HERE to read more about the Western drought, and these other issue of importance to Western irrigated agriculture:
- Bipartisan Talks Continue of Infrastructure Package Despite Budget Reconciliation Move
- Senate Energy & Natural Resources Committee Holds Hearing on Infrastructure Package
- USDA Forest Service Leadership Team Takes Shape
- National Coalition Presses for Water Infrastructure
- Senate Confirms Radhika Fox to Lead EPA Office of Water
- Biden Administration will change Trump WOTUS Rule
- Interior Secretary Haaland Testifies before House Natural Resources Committee
- Senate Confirms Interior Nominees……Biden Announces Nominee for Reclamation Commissioner
- California Water Manager & Alliance Representative Testifies on Ocean Climate Bill
- WSWC Releases Report on Grazing, Water Rights…..Report reflects input from Alliance President
- Biden Administration Releases First Regulatory Agenda…..Trump ESA and CWA Rules Targeted
If you have any questions regarding the “Monthly Briefing”, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.