White House Finalizes NEPA Rule
President Donald Trump speaks on the “Rebuilding of America’s Infrastructure: Faster, Better, Stronger” in Atlanta, Georgia, on July 15, 2020. Credit: Jim Watson/AFP via Getty Images
President Trump earlier this month announced the final rule to comprehensively update and modernize the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) regulations for the first time in over 40 years.The often slow and cumbersome federal regulatory process is a major obstacle to realization of projects and actions that could enhance Western water supplies. NEPA implementation, in particular, can have a direct bearing on the success or failure of critical water supply enhancement projects.
CLICK HERE to read more about these matters and other issues of importance to Western irrigated agriculture:
- Alliance Rep Testifies at Senate Legislative Hearing
- COVID Response Remains Top Federal Priority
- Alliance Engagement in the Climate Change Policy Arena
- Latest Developments in Friends of the River v NMFS
- Klamath Water Users Applaud New Federal Science Initiative
- A Big “Thank You” to our New and Supporting Members!
Please email [email protected] if you have problems downloading the “Monthly Briefing”.