Farmer Lobbyists Fly in to Washington, D.C.
Focus on environmental laws, farm bill, infrastructure
A group of Family Farm Alliance members earlier this month hit the halls of Congress and agency conference rooms in downtown Washington, D.C., meeting with Trump Administration officials, Members of Congress, and Congressional staffers as part of the organization’s 2017 Farmer Lobbyist trip.
The purpose of this annual fly-in was for farmer lobbyists to discuss with members of Congress and their staff, and Trump Administration agency officials, crucial western water policies and issues, including infrastructure, drought, the Endangered Species Act, the Clean Water Act, farm water programs and a new Farm Bill, and other issues that affect western irrigated farms and ranches.
Click here to read the June 2017 edition of the “Monthly Briefing” and learn more about these and other issues of interest to Western farmers and ranchers who rely upon irrigation:
- July 13 Irrigation Association Webinar— “Infrastructure in America”
- House Passes “One-Stop-Shop” Water Storage Permitting Bill
- Title Transfer Legislation Could Move in Congress
- Colorado Lawmaker Introduces Water Rights Protection Bill
- EPA, Army Corps Move to Rescind 2015 “Waters of the U.S.” Rule
- Western Governors Adopt ESA Recommendations
- Senate Passes Alliance-Backed Conservation Legislation
- 2018 Farm Bill News: Western Groups Stand Up for RCPP
- Winds of Change: Trump Policy Platform Reflected in Agencies
- A Big “Thank You!” to our New and Continuing Donors
Please do not hesitate to send an email at [email protected] if you have difficulties downloading the “Monthly Briefing”.