The Family Farm Alliance earlier this month supported a bipartisan Western drought and water supply bill introduced in the U.S. Senate by Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-CALIFORNIA), Cory Gardner (R-COLORADO), Martha McSally (R-ARIZONA) and Kyrsten Sinema (D-ARIZONA). The Drought Resiliency and Water Supply Infrastructure Act builds on Senator Feinstein’s 2016 California drought legislation that was included in the Water Infrastructure Improvements for the Nation (WIIN) Act.
Click here to download the June 2019 Family Farm Alliance “Monthly Briefing” to read more about this and these issues, important to Western irrigated agriculture:
- Commissioner Burman takes action to improve CVP hydropower
- Climate Change and Agriculture: News from Home and Abroad
- Reclamation and Water Managers Continued Transferred Works Talks
- Upper Colorado Basin Irrigators Ramp Up Engagement
- Alliance Joins Other Interests to Voice Support for New Ocean Policy
- Salton Sea Legislation Passes House
- Alliance Engages in Water Funder Initiative Roundtable
- Reclamation Selects Projects to Receive WaterSMART Drought Grants
- USDA Proposes Bold Moves to Improve Forest Management
- Missouri River Flood Bills Seek to Prioritize People Over Critters
- A Big “Thank You” to our New and Supporting Members!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have problems downloading the “Monthly Briefing”.