2018 Farmer Lobbyists Engage D.C. Policymakers
A group of Family Farm Alliance members spent three days walking the halls of Congress and downtown Washington, D.C., meeting with Trump Administration officials, Members of Congress, and Congressional staffers as part of the Alliance 2018 Farmer Lobbyist trip.
“The Alliance’s D.C. fly-in is one of our “cornerstone” programs which brings family farmers and water professionals to Washington, D.C. to meet with legislators and Administration policy leaders on critical water issues,” said Alliance President Pat O’Toole. “The Alliance philosophy has long held that the most effective voice in Washington DC is the individual family farmer.”
Click here to read more about this year’s trip, as well as the following articles of interest to Western water users:
- Farm Bill Falls in the House – Release of Senate bill forthcoming
- Water Infrastructure Legislation Moves in Congress
- Key Leadership Changes at California Water Organizations
- Reclamation Announces Path Forward for Expanded Fontenelle
- AFT Releases New Report on the Loss of Farmland
- Committee Votes to Shift Salmon Jurisdiction
- Déjà vu: Fear and Uncertainty in the Klamath Basin
- Reclamation Urges Cooperative Conservation with USDA
- 2018 Arizona ABWC Annual Meeting
Click here to view a PDF version of the May 2018 Monthly Briefing.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have problems downloading the “Monthly Briefing”.