President Signs Executive Memo on Western Water
The Family Farm Alliance and other Western agricultural organizations earlier this month applauded President Trump for taking the unusual move of issuing an executive memorandum intended to reduce regulatory burdens and promote more efficient environmental reviews of water infrastructure projects in the West. The president signed an Executive Memorandum ordering enhanced coordination between Federal agencies that oversee Endangered Species Act (ESA) reviews and promised to finalize biological opinions under the ESA for state and federal projects that move water in California and other areas of the West.
Please download the October 2018 “Monthly Briefing” to learn more about this and other issues important to Western irrigators:
- SAVE THE DATE: 2019 Alliance Annual Conference
- President Signs the ‘America’s Water Infrastructure Act’
- Interior Seeks Comments on Title Transfer NEPA Matters
- Alliance Engages in Important 9th Circuit ESA Appeal
- New Trump Appointments and Nominations Announced
- NOAA’s Western Winter Outlook
- Alliance Prepares ESA / Invasives Testimony for Senate
- Grim Hydrology Drives Colorado River Drought Planning
- A Big “Thank you!” to our New and Supporting Members
Click here to view a PDF version of the October 2018 Monthly Briefing.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have problems downloading the “Monthly Briefing”.
#PresidentTrump #ESA #Westernwater #executiveorder #AWIA #WRDA #NEPA #TitleTransfer #YubaRiver #invasivespecies #ColoradoRiver #DroughtContingencyPlan