Alliance Engages in Three-Front ESA Reform Effort
The Family Farm Alliance is active on three fronts regarding legislative and administrative efforts to modernize the federal Endangered Species Act of 1973 (ESA).
The Alliance and hundreds of other organizations representing interests in the regulated community earlier this month weighed in with detailed comments on a three-part package proposed by the Trump Administration to modernize the Act.
The Alliance has also been working with the House Natural Resources Committee, which this month conducted a legislative hearing on a 9-bill ESA modernization package.
Finally, Alliance representatives will also participate in a roundtable discussion with Senate Environment and Public Works (EPW) Committee Chairman John Barrasso (R-WYOMING) and committee staff in Washington, D.C. in early October to discuss the contents of a draft ESA modernization bill introduced earlier this year in the Senate.
Please download the September 2018 “Monthly Briefing” to learn more about this and other issues important to Western irrigators:
- Conservation Outcomes That Matter to Species and People
- New Water Storage Projects Gain Momentum in California
- House Passes Water Resources Bill; Senate Vote Forthcoming
- House Passes Reclamation Transparency Bill
- Key Provisions of America’s Water Infrastructure Act
- Energy and Water Spending Bill Passes Congress
- Farm Bill Vote Will Wait Until After November Elections
Click here to view a PDF version of the September 2018 Monthly Briefing.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have problems downloading the “Monthly Briefing”.