Trump Water Subcabinet Members with Family Farm Alliance leadership in Reno. From L to R—Bill Northey (Undersecretary, Dep’t of Agriculture), Brenda Burman (Commissioner, Bureau of Reclamation), Ryan Fisher (Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army), Patrick O’Toole (President, Family Farm Alliance), Dan Keppen (Executive Director, Family Farm Alliance), Tim Petty (Assistant Secretary for Water and Science, Dep’t of Interior), Jim Reilly (Director, USGS); and David Ross (Assistant Administrator, Office of Water, EPA).
Western irrigators sharpened their views on the current and projected outlook for water and environmental policy developments earlier this month in Reno (NEVADA). “20/20 Vision: The State of Western Irrigated Agriculture” was the theme of the Feb. 20-21, 2020 Family Farm Alliance annual meeting and conference, which drew over 225 farmers, ranchers, water managers, conservationists, policy makers, and government officials to the Eldorado Resort.
The 2020 annual meeting and conference wrapped up one week ago today. This special annual conference edition of the “Monthly Briefing” captures the highlights of the conference general session while they are still fresh (in the editor’s mind)!
Click here to download the special conference wrap-up issue to read the following articles:
- President Trump’s Water Subcabinet Meets the Alliance in Reno
- Reclamation Roundtable: A Conversation with Partners
- 2020 “Tour of Discovery”: Western Industrial Hemp Summit
- D.C. Efforts to Modernize the ESA: Where are we?
- HCPs for ESA Coverage: Real Protection or Fake News?
- Environmental Markets and Payment for Ecosystem Services Panels
- Agriculture and Water Civics 101: Success Stories in a Divisive Era
- A Look at Washington, D.C. from The Hill
- Attorney Provide Western Water Litigation Update
- 2020 Annual Conference Award Winners
- Meet Lauren Markuson!
Please email [email protected] if you have problems downloading the “Monthly Briefing”.